With 3G market roll at the moment, iWebLeaf launches 3G unlocked Datacard which can be used with any 3G network in the world at just Rs 1300, a device like Huawei 3G USB Modem. Compared to market price of 3G data card which are around Rs 1900 to Rs 2500 iWebLeaf can make theData card market grow stronger with its launch. The recently launched Reliance 3G data card costs Rs 2599 and 4499 for 21 Mbps support version, why does it cost so much??
With iWebLeaf Datacard you can enjoy 3G internet on your laptop and PC with a greater experience.
Developed by students from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, the 3G Data card is designed to ensure that it can work on the spectrum of any telecom operator and the data card currently provides 7.2Mbps speed even on the 2G SIM and can provide Internet access at 21.1Mbps.
The data card also acts as a WiFi Hot spot which will enable the end user to connect around 300 laptops and 30 mobile phones to the Internet.
Specifications of the 3G Data Card
- Based on Qualcomm chipset MSM7200
- WCDMA/UMTS 2100MHZ
- EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHZ
- HSDPA downlink up to 7.2 mbps
- HSUPA uplink up to 5.76mbps
- UMTS (WCDMA) up to 384 kbps
- EDGE up to 237 kbps
- GPRS up to 85.6 kbps
- Embedded antenna with high sensitivity
- Automatic software installation (no CD)
- LED for status and data
- 2.0 USB interface
- 3V movable SIM slot
- Wireless access to internet
- Send and receive SMS, data
- Input voltage: 5V
- Standby current: 10 mA
- Working current: 200-300mA
- Working temperature: -10 to+55 degrees
- Storage temperature: -20 to+60 degrees
- Work with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/ 7, Linux/Mac
- 4GB storage
The production of iWebLeaf Datacard modem has not yet started as they are waiting for theconfirmation of their state government. The expected launch of their first device would be at the Christmas this year and they also planning to launch iWebLeaf EVDO Data Card priced at Rs 850 and 1x based devices at Rs 600.