Samsung introduced Nexus S is the next generation of Nexus devices co-developed by Google and Samsung. This phone comes pre-installed with the latest Google apps and has features like true multi-tasking, Wi-Fi hotspot, Internet Calling, Near-Field Communication (NFC) support, and full web browsing
- Samsung Google Nexus S is an Android Phone with Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- It comes with a 4.0 inch, Super AMOLED capacitive, 480 x 800 pixels touch screen
- It runs on 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor. It has 16GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM
- Connectivity options include 3G, Wi-fi, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and GPS Navigation
- Camera is 5 MP with autofocus and LED-Flash and supports WVGA 30fps video recording
- It comes with Oleophobic surface, Accelerometer sensor, Contour Display with curved glass screen
Front facing camera:
The 5 megapixel camera is capable of taking pictures and videos that you can share with friends and family. The front-facing camera can take VGA quality images and video.
Near Field Communication (NFC): Nexus S can read information from “smart” tags, or everyday objects that have NFC chips in them. These can be anything from stickers and movie posters to t-shirts.
Running faster application:Nexus S has Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) for Playing mobile games, browsing the web, and watching videos are fast, fluid, and smooth. It’s like having a pocket-sized multimedia and game.
Wi-Fi hotspot: Nexus S has as a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to six portable devices such as laptops or tablets. Once user connected, these devices will have access Internet easily.
Internet calling: Gingerbread allows Nexus S to place Internet calls with a SIP account. This allows for enhanced VoIP dialing to other SIP accounts and even phone numbers.